We're looking forward to doing this podcast with you!
Here are a few friendly tips and tricks to get the best audio and video.
Stick with basic colors. Anything with too many lines will look very busy on video!
- use the best webcam you have, attached to your laptop or a tripod
- Any external webcam is usually better than a built-in webcam in a laptop
- Remember to wipe off the lens with something like a lens cleaning cloth
Use the best audio source you can. These are listed from best to worst:
- Lavalier Mic plugged directly into your laptop
- USB Mic like a Blue Yeti (any model) or Samson
WIRED analog headphone/mic combos (like the original Apple headsphones with the mic on the wire)
Not ideal but we will make it work:
- External Mic on a webcam
- Laptop external mic
- Sitting near a window so you get natural light is fantastic (if you can).
- Try not to have too much light behind you.
- Ideally you have natural or artificial light in front of you shining on your face.
Your face should fill 2/3 of the screen so get right up close.
LOOKING AT THE VIEWER (AND ME!)
In order for us to capture the best video, it's most ideal if you ignore your screen and just talk straight into your camera lens. It feels funny at first but it makes for a really great looking video!!
NOTE: If any of this is daunting, we can absolutely do a trial run to test it out. Feel free to book a 30 min meeting for that anytime.